Good News-Acceptance of first consignment of Indian Grapes by Canadian Food Inspection Agency(CFIA)
Canadian Food Inspection Agency(CFIA) has accepted the first consignment of Indian Grapes after its 100% inspection at the port of entry. Their phytosanitary requirement is as follows:-
- Vineyards and Packhouses must be registered.
- Traceability must be maintained.
- Pest freedom must be ensured.
- NPPO-India must inspect minimum 2% of the packed fruit cartons.
- The Canadian Importers must obtain Import Permit.
- The Phytosanitary Certificate, issued by the NPPO-India, must include the following additional declaration:
“This shipment has been inspected and found free of all stages of any pests regulated by Canada”