Export of Indian Grapes to Canada for a trial period
Canadian Food Inspection Agency(CFIA) has agreed to receive Indian Grapes for a trial period during which CFIA will inspect upto 100% of the consignment entering Canada to verify the folllowing compliance:-
- Vineyards and Packhouses must be registered.
- Traceability must be maintained.
- Pest freedom must be ensured.
- NPPO-India must inspect minimum 2% of the packed fruit cartons.
- The Canadian Importers must obtain Import Permit.
- The Phytosanitary Certificate, issued by the NPPO-India, must include the following additional declaration:
“This shipment has been inspected and found free of all stages of any pests regulated by Canada”